Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Communicating Skills

After reading through that website and then taking the personal test according to my communication skills, I recieved a 47. It said "You're a capable communicator, but you sometimes experience communication problems. Take the time to think about your approach to communication, and focus on receiving messages effectively, as much as sending them. This will help you improve." I think this applies to me and I will work on my communicating skills more because they are important in life!

Also when they talk about "Cultural Barriers" They are referring to effective communication with people of different cultures is especially challenging. Cultures provide people with ways of thinking--ways of seeing, hearing, and interpreting the world. Thus the same words can mean different things to people from different cultures, even when they talk the "same" language. When the languages are different, and translation has to be used to communicate, the potential for misunderstandings increases.

No comments:

Post a Comment